Got something to sell Volvo-related? Parts? Accessories? A whole car? We’ll post it here!
Use the Contact page to email us and we’ll get back to you for the specifics. Please plan to have at least one picture. Items with more pictures generally sell faster. Posting is free for active Club members, $20 for non-members (payable via PayPal).
1964 Volvo 122S Amazon Project Car For Sale Locally
Dave Segasture, one of our club members, is selling his 1964 Amazon project. Dave’s circumstances have changed and he’s unable to see this project through to completion and wants it to go to a good Volvo home. This is an interesting 122 – it has some of the trim and other features of a ’63 122 – like the highly sought-after articulated Volvo Logo Trunk latch, but has other features introduced in ’64 as well. It was a Volvo Factory Delivery vehicle to a family from Ballwin – perhaps built in late ’63 or early ’64 which would explain some of the ’63 bits. Pictures follow the description below.
- 1964 Volvo 122S “Amazon” – 2-Door.
- B18-D engine with dual SU Side-draft Carbs, spins freely
- 4-Speed manual
- Factory Ivory paint
- Factory Red interior – Interior is in overall good shape but needs cleaning and includes original factory upgrade to black carpeting.
- Front Seat seams could use re-stitching and the top of the rear seat has sun damage, but original style replacement covers are available from many sources.
- Interior panels and door map-pockets are in good shape, and the dash cover is in good shape – no cracks.
- Headliner torn by mice – just above and hidden by both visors, the rest is perfect.
- The B18-D Head was professionally rebuilt and upgraded with hardened valves to address lead-free gas.
- Clutch Master Cylinder was replaced, and Clutch adjusted.
- (2) new Vintage real Volvo front fenders – Right is Factory NOS in original factory primer. Left is from a donor car from Arizona and will need to be stripped before re-painting. (That alone is worth $1400.00)
- New Headlight buckets – easier than trying to clean-up the old ones.
- Exterior trim is there – missing 1 side piece from passenger rear fender and both of the vintage-style front-fender “lightning bolt” 122-S badges were broken, reproductions are available.
- NOS Interior Dome Light
- Includes full set of ’64 Hub Caps 2 are nice but 2 are a bit rough – and Beauty Rings.
- Brand New Generator
- Brand New Front Brake Calipers and Pads
- Brand New Rear Brake Master Cylinders
- Full set of Volvo Factory Shop Manuals and original Owners Manual– covering everything from Body to Drivetrain and Interior.
That’s over $2500.00 in new parts alone.
- The car is apart – so you’ll need a trailer.
- Only rust is in the tops of the inner wings (inside front fenders) which is common in this model – and original Front Fenders tops where they attach to the inner wings – no other actual rust is known.
- Two real Volvo front fenders to replace them, see details above.
- Replacement “Wing Support Box Section” panels are available from VP-Autoparts ($88.00 each), Classic Volvo Restoration ($83.00 each) and other sources.
- Otherwise, the body is in great shape – no dents – just the odd common door-dings on the fenders etc.
- New Rubber Brake-Lines – though you might consider upgrading to the later and safer model Dual-Line system, which would require new hard lines and dual-master cylinder.
- Complete flush of fuel system including cleaning if not rebuilding of the SU’s
- Passenger Rear Window – pop-out “knob” mechanism is broken.
- Center Section of the Rear Bumper should be replaced – available on-line.
- No Heater Core – heater bypassed by previous owner.
- Door handles sometimes do not work, so they will need to be looked at.
- Tires are Pirelli P3’s but are very old so they’ll need to be replaced.
All this for only $1,000.
Dave Segasture – Cell Six Three Six-288-6065 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Manchester MO – near Parkway South.